For planners looking to host their groups’ next meeting, conference, forum, summit, or special event, why not hold it in a tropical destination like Hollywood, Florida, centrally located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, so guests can enjoy some sunshine?
~2 minute read~
Hollywood is a slice of paradise that makes work feel like play, with consummate weather, exceptional attractions, and affordable accommodations and venues. It’s the perfect place where business meets the beach, and where guests can make memorable meeting experiences time after time.
For your convenience, we’ve rounded up the top 5 reasons or places to plan your next affair in Hollywood, FL using a variety of criteria, including the best meeting spaces, restaurant offerings, local attractions, weather, and more. The list also features properties both large and small, because while sometimes your meeting requires a large convention center, other times you just need an intimate space to host a special event.
1. Location and convenience!
- Hence its name, the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is indeed located in Hollywood, FL and conveniently located only minutes away from some of the city’s premier meeting spaces and attractions. You can literally hop off the plane and have your feet touching the sand within the hour. Have some down time between your meetings? According to the Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB, there’s plenty to do in the region as Hollywood encompasses 27 square miles along the Atlantic Ocean between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. A Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice Winner, Hollywood Beach features a one-of-a-kind oceanfront promenade called the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk that stretches nearly two and a half miles along the sandy shores. Named one of America’s Best Beach Boardwalks by Travel + Leisure magazine, this brick-paved walkway is a haven for joggers, bicyclists, rollerbladers and all who would prefer to take in the action from the comfort of one of the countless eateries and cafés along the way.
- Florida’s most iconic property, recently underwent a 100-million-dollar transformation, boasting 1,000 guestrooms and suites, 8 different culinary destinations, two sun-drenched pools, 26 poolside cabanas – including four designed by the iconic fashion brand, Trina Turk, a deluxe spa and fitness center, and 209,000 square feet of meetings and event space. Additionally, The Diplomat is the largest in hotel convention space in South Florida with the most expansive ballroom south of Orlando. Among the convention center’s pre-function areas and indoor and outdoor settings, planners can choose from the 50,000-square-foot Great Hall and 20,000-square-foot ocean view Grand Ballroom. For smaller gatherings, the resort offers three additional ballrooms and 39 breakout rooms, many of which feature natural light and balconies overlooking the ocean. The Diplomat also offers meeting planners a wide range of innovative packages and beachside team building activities so guests can escape the boardroom to further enjoy the tropical location. The fun doesn’t stop there! Each dining destination at The Diplomat is rooted in strong culinary sensibilities and exudes brand individuality, creating distinct spaces and experiences, from famed Restaurateur and Chef Michael Schulson’s award-winning Monkitail, to Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s Point Royal. Located at 3555 South Ocean Drive in Hollywood, Florida, the resort is spread across the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean, and within a 10-minute drive from the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. For more information please call (954) 602-8600 or email GroupSales@DiplomatResort.com.
3. Affordability in South Florida!
- Compared to some other major U.S. cities and beach towns, you can find some excellent and affordable options to host your next meeting in Hollywood, FL. Its venues are competitively priced and offer a remarkable backdrop of sunny shores, historical neighborhoods, and an upscale yet affordable dining scene that caters to every palate and budget.
- A 296-room modern hotel which offers a private walkway to Fort Lauderdale beach. Framed by the crystal-blue Atlantic Ocean and scenic inland waterways, the resort is just minutes from the Broward County Convention Center and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport. Whether you are planning a meeting for 10 executives or a conference on the scale of the annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, Bahia Mar offers flexibility and best value. The hotel boasts 28,000 square-feet of meeting space, accommodating groups from 10 to 600. The Commodore Ballroom can be divided into six sections; the Grande View Ballroom has panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean as well as its world-famous marina; there are 12 break out rooms – seven offer natural lighting; and the Gardens and Marina Terrace, on the Intracoastal Waterway, are outdoor favorites for receptions, banquets, barbeques and weddings. The Third Floor Conference Space also offers four different configurable rooms. The hotel provides planners with outstanding catering and banquet services to customize menus for events of any size, and event planning assistance and coordination.
5. The climate!
- With 3,000 hours of annual sunshine, and year-round average of 77 degrees Fahrenheit, Hollywood, FL is guaranteed balmy breezes, tropical nights and warm ocean water.
Any meeting or event is guaranteed to be a big win under these favorable conditions!